Sandblasting is a catch-all term for any type of media used in abrasive blasting. The truth is, depending on what you’re blasting, there are several different types of abrasive materials used. At APS, we sandblast equipment, parts, and metal to restore and prepare the surface before we apply a powder coating or industrial coating. However, If you only want to use our abrasive blasting services to restore a piece of equipment or metal down to the original substrate, we can help you with that too.
Our facility is equipped for a variety of different blasting applications. We perform all blasting services in-house to ensure a quality finish. Depending on the surface, the standard abrasives that can be used are steel grit, dry ice, corn cob, copper slag, walnut, and coconut shell.
Benefits of Sandblasting
Sandblasting is versatile. There are several useful application of sandblasting:
- Prepares Surfaces for Coating – After sandblasting, your surface is now ready for painting, bonding, or any other coating application. Substandard surface preparation will eventually lead to a failed coating system.
- Strip off Paint and Corrosion – This is the main task of sandblasting. Sandblasting eliminates stubborn paint and rust and other contaminants from cars, machines, tools, parts, and other surfaces. It strips the paint and rust without harming the metal underneath.
- Clean Smaller Tools and Machinery – Sandblasting is not limited to enormous machines and buildings. You can utilize sandblasting to clean and restore small metal tools. You can also sandblast machinery clogged with oil, dirt, and grease to restore function.
Need Sand Blasting in Little Rock Arkansas?
- Contact Us – Just call the shop.
- Get Your Free Quote – Tell us about your project, and we’ll provide you with a quote.
- Protect Your Asset – Bring your piece into the shop, and we’ll get to work.